Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Playing for change band, street musicians worldwide UNITE!

Yup, it may be obvious by now that I've spent most of the day in front of a computer.  Paper's coming along beautifully, and I feel like with the world wide web at my fingertips I can trick myself into thinking that I actually have friends right now.  To this, the Playing For Change Band  say "Don't Worry."  Well, if you put it that way...





If you're wondering who these guys are, dig this for a second.  Street musicians from all around the WORLD were recorded performing "Stand By Me."  I'm talking New Orleans, Santa Monica, to Amsterdam, Zuni, Toulouse, Rio de Janeiro, and all the way to Moscow, Caracas, the Congo, to Guguletu, Barcelona, Umlazi, Piza, and Mamelodi.  Virtual studio goes everywhere.  Dig it?

"Stand By Me"




I've said it before, but this project pretty clearly demonstrates that the real financial power of music is its ability to bring people together.  ONE LOVE, says the late Mr. Marley...


By the way, did you know Playing For Change has covered Marley?  These guys know what they're doing.  You should too.




Peace.

1 comment:

  1. This is flippin awesome. I can think of a certain cellist that would have fit in perfectly... you might know him.

    This, like Paul's post from a while ago, is a reminder that we are all connected. Different cultures? Maybe. But so what. Behold the power of music!!!! So get out there and dig!

    ReplyDelete