Tuesday, April 28, 2009

For Scooter Mix Central, Keep 'em coming

I am making it a point to check out every band you post on here.  I'm sure others are, too.  There are several times a day when I'm looking for some total Rando diamond in the rough, and you're my miner.  But, there are many more times in the day when I'm looking for something new, but not some TOTAL rando.  I require something more specific; my needs have qualifications (my attention has limits?).

I might be looking for something in the ambient, shoestaring variety (see Yume Bitsu, great post).
I might be looking for something the in upbeat, triphop variety (see Massive Attack or Gorillaz).
I might be looking for something in the jammy, loopy get-me-out-of-bed variety (see Animal Collective).
OR, give me something that slaps me across the face like a shot of ol' Evan (see Gogol Bordello, coming to Omaha 7/21, btw).

I need a miner, but I also need a marketer.  I need you to give me a little something to let me know that this is what I'm looking for, THIS meets my qualifications.  Which is why I love it when you make a reco and use this kind of language...

if you are in the mood for some nice background down tempo, trippy, instrumental tunes. this is for you

Or this...

that last one is a bit atmospheric. This is more folky, trippy, ethnic, etc...

That kind of introduction goes a LONG way.  With a few favorable comparisons (like this one takes Hammock a step closer to my basement) I'll bet that you can make one that goes even further.  Good work, Scootro.  I'm checking out every reco and hanging on your every word.  Never disappointed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment