Wednesday, January 6, 2010

De Jonsi Vu

Ok, so maybe not. Maybe there isn't any quivering falsetto, or any bowstring tickled guitar. But dammit, this is for me what characterized the peak of my Sigur Rós obsession. Though I'm sure most of us have come across this song at some point in the last six years, I don't think it would hurt at all to take the next eight minutes to revisit.



I went running yesterday, and for fun set the iPod to a Sigur Rós shuffle. Not to echo any patented Schmitt hyperbole, but if I could have bottled my experience in a sports drink, it could have gotten Manderrunning (not to digress, but let's all take a moment to picture that, gloves, hat, and all). By about three minutes in, I was wearing a grin that could barely contain the "...fuck yeah". Know what I mean, Mandergrin?


No comments:

Post a Comment