Friday, December 11, 2009

top 10

Hey wodes,

So- I think it's difficult to identify the "best" albums, but here's a list of to 10 albums that impacted me the most in 2009. I'm surprised Monsters of Folk wasn't on your list, Scotty. If I would have gotten my hands on that album I'm sure it would be on this list. Some of the bands posted below have been around for a very long time: Dave, Pearl Jam have been around for a while. But Dave and Pearl Jam put out some really brilliant stuff this year. Bon Iver came out with an EP, not a full length. But that guy could bang a pot and pan and sing over it and I would buy it--so I think he deserves to be on this list.

The first 5 are in no particular order, but are better than the second 5.

1. Pearl Jam- Backspacer
2. Animal Collective- MPP
3. Iron and Wine- Around the Well
4. Dave Matthews- Gru Grux King
5. Bon Iver- Blood Bank

6. Andrew Bird- Noble Beast
7. Grizzly Bear- Veckatimest
8. Pink Mountaintops- Outside Love
9. Passion Pit- Manners
10. Ben Harper- White Lies for Dark Times

Honorable mentions include Phoenix and Akron/Family

1 comment:

  1. can't believe I forgot the new Wilco album. That would probably be in the second 5, moving Passion Pit to the honorable mentions.

    ReplyDelete